Collections: Ford Factory

Originally built by Ford Motor Works in 1941 to replace their old factory on Anson Road, it was the first motor-car assembly plant in Southeast Asia. Completed just four months before 15 February 1942, it became the site for the signing of the unconditional surrender of the British Forces to the Japanese Army in the Ford Board Room. Lieutenant-General A.E. Percival had walked along Bukit Timah with a white flag to his historic meeting with Lieutenant-General Yamashita.

More>